Monday, November 09, 2009

Why is it so difficult...

... to get others to accept that it's ok to have a different opinion about faith?

I truly cannot see what gives people the right to say that they are right and others are wrong. Surely we can all accept that not everyone has to agree with us about everything concerning religion? Is it too much to ask for others to give out the same level of respect that they feel they deserve?

I just don't understand how some can treat my faith with such distain, yet then expect me to respect their beliefs without even questioning them!! Such hypocrisy and double standards make me sick!

Fortunately it is only online and cannot deeply hurt me like it would in real life... I have many other places to seek genuine inter-faith discourse... places where people actually do wish to hear an opinion that differs from their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment